limited memory

limited memory

Postby nbenkaci » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:15 am

Hi
when I executed the FDmod3D program, I got this message error;

Linear model of sediments/bedrock interface...
Interface # 1OK
Parameterize medium using avaraging of physical parameters
Operating system error: Cannot allocate memory
Allocation would exceed memory limit
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop/FDSim3D_package/FDMod3D$

I'm working on a virtual machine Vmware; on Ubuntu with a memory of 2GO; do you think that is not enought? do you have any solution or advisement? I am a new user of Linux System, thank you very much

kindly
nbenkaci

Re: limited memory

Postby fdsim » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am

Hi,
memory requirements are determined by the size of your model and chosen grid spacing. Very likely your model is larger than available memory. If you post your input data, I could help you more.

Regards,
Jozef
fdsim
Site Admin

Postby nbenkaci » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi

for the moment, I try to run the program with the examples I downloaded from your website, and change some parameters in order to understand how it runs. In fact I reduced the model size, and it finally ran.

Now I have some problems to run the old program you did in sesame project (SETSOURCE) in order to generate sources and receivers for ambient noise simulations, the directory contains thess programs (fcoolr.f90, filcof.f90, filter.f90, main.f90, mod_auxil.f90, mod_control.f90, mod_prec.f90, read_open.f90, read_source.f90, write_res.f90), I sould introduce an HFRANS and JOBNAME.IN like it's described in the guidelines, but is there any needed makefile or not to generate an executasble ?

Thank you very much
kindly
Benkaci Nassima
nbenkaci

Postby nbenkaci » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi

I have constructed a makefile for my previous problem and it is working thanks God, now I am dealing with the input file JOBNAME.IN for Setsource.
When I introduce the parameters it does not work and give me this error message,

At line 57 of file read_open.f90 (unit = 12, file = 'BAS01R.IN')
Fortran runtime error: Cannot match namelist object name sr_file_name

I've followed all the needed steps in the guidelines, but there is still a problem

NAMELIST /NAMES/ SR_FILE_NAME
SR_FILE_NAME= name of the output file containing parameters of the point sources
(A20)
NAMELIST /CONTROLDATA/MT1, MT2, DT, MX, MY, LPAS, H,&
MXS, FMIN, FMAX, KEY_LOG_F, SPLANE, H1,&
DAMIN, DAMAX, PSPSMIN, PSRECMAX, PSRECMIN, &
ORDER , PDL

my input file is like that:

&NAMES SR_FILE_NAME = 'BAS01R.SR' /

&CONTROLDATA MT1 = 1, MT2 =500, DT = 0.0028, MX = 508, MY = 565, LPAS =0, H = 35.,
MXS = 2, FMIN = .2, FMAX = 2., KEY_LOG_F = T, SPLANE = 1, H1 = 100.,
DAMIN = 0.5, DAMAX = 1.0, PSPSMIN = 5, PSRECMAX = 100, PSRECMIN = 10,
ORDER = -6 /

&REC MR = 1 /
215 500 0
nbenkaci

Return to Download